Saturday, June 29, 2019

Cheap Depictions of Hindu Gods and Goddesses by Maqbool Fida Hussain

Though the topic on the paintings by Maqbool Fida Hussain is an old one, I still wish to speak on this topic. 

This disgusting painter has made very filthy paintings on Parvati, Lakshmi, Saraswati, Sita and Bharat Mata. He has shown Lakshmi and Saraswati as naked goddesses. He has shown Parvati copulating with animals. He has shown Ravana raping Sita. He has shown Bharat Mata getting raped. We all know Parvati loved Shiva so much that she meditated for him without having food and water. So there was no chance that she would willingly copulate with the animals. Also to say that the animals were the devotees of Shiva and Parvati. So they would never think of doing such a thing to her. We know Sita was so powerful that she could hold a bow at the age of 5, which Ravana could not hold inspite of being elderly. So there was no chance of Ravana raping Sita. He has been born as a citizen of India but is showing Bharat Mata getting raped. Isn't this a matter of shame? He was nothing but a traitor. 

The great thing is that he has been eulogising actresses like Madhuri Dixit and Amrita Rao, who are coincidentally one of my favorites. I know they were deeply sad after his death. But they don't know what damage he has done to Indian culture. If they know then I don't think they will forgive him for this. 

Well once I was talking to a girl on this topic and told her that these paintings should be destoryed. She said it's artistic freedom which a narrow-minded girl like me won't understand. Oh really am I so narrow-minded? Does artistic freedom allow you to hurt the integrity and pride of your nation?

I know there are many foreigners who are unaware of the beauty of our culture and the love stories of the divine couples like Brahma-Saraswati, Vishnu-Lakshmi, Ram-Sita, Madhavi-Krishna, Shiva-Parvati, etc. And I very well know that they will take his nasty depictions to be true. So that's why I am making this blog so that the foreigners aren't misunderstood and misguided. There is no room for doubt that this painter has made these paintings to deliberately show our goddesses in poor light. I will rather be happy if the government initiates to burn those paintings (though I don't believe in violence but if it serves a moral purpose, then I support it). I really feel where were the people like the members of the Karni Sena at that time? They should have attacked Mr. Hussain instead of Sanjay Leela Bhansali (though he thought of a wrong dream sequence, but thankfully didn't execute it).

I know the past is the past and cannot be changed. But one thing is for sure. As an Indian, I am never going to forgive him for the wound Maqbool Fida Hussain has given to India's pride.

2 comments:

  1. All religious binding or followings should be respected for so that harmony and peace should prevail in societies, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do Muslims do? By far, it is they who haven't agreed until the one become Muslim..they even uses the term such as kAfir

      Delete